Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Beach

Tuesday and Wednesday were our free days so we took a five hour bus ride to Manuel Antonio which was right on the beach. On the way there we stopped at a bridge and we saw about 15-20 crocodiles in the river. It looked like something you would see on the discovery channel. At Manuel Antonio we stayed at Coco Beach Resort which had an amazing view of the ocean. The whole town was very touristy, but it still had the Costa Rica feel to it. The first thing we did was hit up a place to eat. I had the snapper and it was excellent, and the cool thing was that it still had the head and fins attached. After the restaurant we hit the beach. The waves were really powerful in some spots. The sad thing was that we didn’t get a ray of sun the two days we were there, but I did see my first monkey in the trees. After the beach we dried off and went to happy hour at another restaurant. I had a pina colida, rum and coke, daiquiri, and a margarita and they were all really good. For dinner I had a quesadilla which was alright. That night we took a bus to a discoteca where we danced for a little while, and then we took cabs back to the hotel.

The next morning (28th) we had breakfast at the hotel and I had the biggest pancake in my life. After breakfast I did some reading while taking in the beautiful view. We took off at 12:00. We stopped for lunch at a place that normally doesn’t seat a lot of people, so we were there for two hours. I ordered a cuban with fries. We got back into San Jose around 7:00. When I got back to my host families house they were very excited because her boyfriend just won a new car. I don’t really know how but they were pretty excited.

No comments: